Scheduling & Visits
How to Prepare for Your Next Doctor's Visits?
Your initial visit at Holistic Health at Home must be in person. After the first visit, all follow up visits can be conducted by phone, or in some cases a return in-person visit depending on the care needed. Visit our “New Patient” page to prepare for your visit and learn more about the techniques we use.
Patients have an option to use email to contact with Holistic Health at Home with questions or concerns. However, if an email question or request is deemed by one of our staff to be too complicated or involved for a response via email they may, at their discretion, require that the member schedule a phone or in person visit instead of responding via email.
Scheduling & Cancellations
There is a 24-hour cancellation policy for all appointments with an Holistic Health at Home doctor, health coach, or team member. Canceling within 24-hours will result in a $50 charge to the credit card on file.
No-shows: If you do not show up to a phone, video/telemedicine or in person appointment without notifying the specific person you have an appointment with either via email or by changing the appointment using the online scheduling tool on the patient portal, you will be charged $100 to the card on file.
Billing & Insurance
We Are Not A Conventional Primary Care Physician
For many of our patients, we can take the place of a primary care physician. Because you can message us online during business hours, we are often able to take care of acute requests. For example, prescribing an antibiotic for a minor infection such as a sinus infection.
It is important to note the following however:
1. We do not fulfill an insurance company’s requirement for an in network primary care physician as we are not in-network with any insurance plan.
2. We are not available for same-day acute emergency appointments, please call 911 or your primary care doctor.
3. We do not have a 24-hour answering service and do not take calls on weekends. If you need to be seen urgently or have a medical emergency you would need to visit an ER or urgent care center.
We Do Not Bill Insurance Companies
The cost of any services provided by Holistic Health at Home which are not included in the episode of care fee will be billed to you directly.
Non-Holistic Health at Home medical expenses such as lab tests and prescription medications may be covered by a member’s health insurance plan per that plan’s rules.
Holistic Health at Home will not submit a medical claim to insurance on your behalf. We cannot assist you with claim resolution for our services.
We will provide you with a detailed billing summary that you may submit to your insurance for reimbursement. There may be procedures or lab tests that are not covered depending on your plan’s rules.
About Lab Tests
- Most lab tests ordered by a Holistic Health at Home physician will be billed directly to your insurance by the lab.
- Some lab tests we offer as part of our functional medicine testing program may not be covered by insurance and in these cases you will be charged a fee for a particular test by the lab or through Holistic Health at Home.
- The specific tests ordered will be personalized to you based on your initial evaluation with an Holistic Health at Home doctor and may include blood saliva urine or stool testing.
- We will make every effort to make you fully aware of any additional lab fees that may be incurred and to give you the opportunity to choose which lab tests you feel comfortable paying for.
- You are under no obligation to purchase any specialty testing.
- Should any lab results indicate you may need further testing you will be directed to continue your care with your primary care physician or a relevant specialist, or should you choose you may continue to work with your Holistic Health at Home physician.
- At home test kits: If a lab test kit is mailed to you by Holistic Health at Home, you will be charged the day the kit is mailed.
- If your particular insurance company only pays for blood work done at a particular lab facility like LabCorp, you must inform us of this in advance of having blood work done. Most insurance plans cover labs done by major national labs – however, including Bioreference, which is a lab often used by Holistic Health at Home Health because of their favorable pricing policies for patients.